Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2015, 01:19 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Blocks that keep us from God!

Quote:
You are reading from the book Twenty Four Hours a Day Hardcover (24 Hours)

A.A. Thought for the Day

The new life of sobriety we are learning to live in A.A. is slowly growing on us and we are beginning to get some of that deep peace of mind and serenity that we never thought were possible. At first we may have doubted that this could happen to us, but after any considerable length of time in A.A., looking at the happy faces around us, we know that somehow it is happening to us. In fact, it cannot help happening to anyone who takes the A.A. program seriously day by day. Can I see my own happiness reflected in the faces of others?

Meditation for the Day

God does not withhold His presence from you. He does not refuse to reveal more of His truth to you. He does not hold back His spirit from you. He does not withhold the strength that you need. His presence, His truth, His spirit, His strength are always immediately available to you, whenever you are fully willing to receive them. But they may be blocked off by selfishness, intellectual pride, fear, greed, and materialism. We must try to get rid of these blocks and let God's spirit come in.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may remove all blocks that are keeping me from God. I pray that I may let God come into my life with power.
How many times we can't see or feel that we can do because we put up blocks, mental, emotional, spiritual and phsyical barriers to excuse our behaviour and to stop us from moving forward and changing out of our comfort zone.

I can't do this because.... I don't feel.... I don't think.... All the beginnings of putting up barriers which stop us from moving forward and growing in recovery.

It is because I am back in the "I" mode and have blocked God from leading me to where He would have me go. I can talk a good story, and yet instead of walking my talk, I am standing still, if not retreating back into what I think is my safe zone.

Often it is about taking risks, trusting my Higher Power to be there whether I succeed or fail. The failure is in the not trying.

This was posted on another site in 2009. I am so glad that the words are still around, they never wear out, and they seem to arrive, just when you need them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply