Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #1
dry and alive
16 years of sobrity

Default Gratitude for my higher power.

It has been a long time that my marriage has been failing. I opened up to my home group and they could see my suffering. They told me to say the serenity prayer When I was alone, but think about what the words meant to me. I suddenly realized after saying the prayer MANY times I didn't know how to apply it to my life and problems.That is when I fell to my knees and asked for the help with the things i can. I worked up the courage to file for a divorce. I was very lonely Prier to this time and had been on a dating site. as soon as I filled for divorce I started chatting with someone and boy did we hit off. we have not met in person yet but she has helped me on a very difficult time. I don't know where this will go but I sure am glad that my higher power Helped me with this caring woman. All the papers have been signed and I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I will never forget the power of the serenity prayer.
dry and alive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dry and alive For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply