Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Mother!!!

Quote:
The "Language of Letting Go" reading, I realized that I wasn't so much detaching, as just blocking out. Not sure if I was pretending is wasn't there, just not wanting to see it and acknowledge the person as well as the feeling around that person.

My son had a phone that I could call him on but he couldn't call out. I didn't call very often, mostly because every time I did, he asked for money. If I just called to say hello and say I love you, then I felt like I should be giving him the money.

Yesterday I called and got a voice message that the number was not valid.

Today, I went to Facebook and there was a chat message that just said, "Mother" and nothing else.

There is a part of me that is glad that I can't see him in this stage of his addiction. He says he is not smoking crack so that is good. I hope he will find a way to recover that works for him. I gave him links to Smart Recovery and Justified Recovery. Had a bit of trouble with the latter as justification was and can still be, one of my biggest defects of character.

One day at a time, it does get better. One day at a time, we get through this. One day at a time, I turn my life and my will over to my Higher Power.

Posted on another site in 2011
It is always about the act not the person, but sometimes other people don't always see that. Had an incident with my sister today. She didn't even give me an option to agree to disagree.

When you are caught up in it, you can't always see it. She is the belief that if you don't stop your addictive behavior and did it with your kids in your home, you did not love your children. That is just not so. One you can't identify your love by your kids. If you can't find it within yourself, you can't do it for others. You can detach from the act, but you can't always detach from the person.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply