Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #5
leehop71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajestyJo View Post
Thank you for sharing, by sharing you lessen your load, and others will identify.

Personally, I see it is a human thing, and when it crosses the line, then only God can take it from us.

My computer was an addiction, and never wanted to get off line, built 15 site. I was more addicted to building them than maintaining them. They became an issue when it affect my relationship and life and they became the priority in my life. I resented the phone when it interrupted me.

I was grateful for the awareness when I heard, "Just because I have a feeling, doesn't mean I have to act on it."

You are not alone, others have walked where you have been and where you are at now.

I've overcome just about every other deliberate known sin, but this thing has haunted me for 50 years!

I have had a response in one of the other forums.

I shared the details of my journey to a member who seemed willing to act as a therapist. This person is the ONLY one I've ever shared the details of my fantasies! It felt good by just sharing but I need to find someone with common ground willing to work with me.

It's frustrating because I know it's sin and do not like the fact that I still struggle with it!

It's not just as simple as trusting God and praying, which has been done for years! I need 12 step sponsor or therapist, but I would never feel comfortable sharing, let alone, paying someone to do this in person.

I feel comfortable with anonymity here!
leehop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply